|Location:||Seawolf Park, Galveston|
|Arrival Date:||Saturday January 27, 2018|
|Departure Date:||Sunday January 28, 2018|
Our Winter campout gives us a chance to venture out and practice our scouting skills. Past campouts have included trips to the Battleship Texas, Camp Strake, and Brazos Bend State Park.
Our Winter Campout for 2018 will be Saturday January 27th at Seawolf Park. Scouts will get to sleep aboard the historic USS Stewart or USS Cavalla. Cost is $35 per person for Adults and siblings, scouts will covered by the Pack. The pack will be providing dinner Saturday night. The AUWC will provide a snack Saturday night and breakfast Sunday morning.
Seawolf Park Infomation
- Welcome! Arrival time is 5:00 pm. Please do not unload gear at this time
- Everyone will meet at the memorial circle of Seawolf Park (located between the Cavalla and the Stewart)
- Any unpaid balances for additional people will be paid at this time.
- Rules will be reviewed by the overnight supervisor
- Time to load your gear aboard the USS Stewart (destroyer escort).
- Guided tour of the USS Cavalla (submarine).
- Group decides which vessel the group will sleep on
- Dinner Time
- Educational game or experiment
- Free time– Watch movies, play board games, and eat snacks
- Suggested lights out is at 10:00 pm
- 10:00 pm starts the first watch. At least one adult needs to be awake at all times. We suggest to schedule shifts. The person on watch will walk with anyone who needs to use the restrooms outside. When your watch is over, please wake up the next person on watch.
- Breakfast is at 7:00 am. Breakfast includes cereal, pastries,
fruit, milk, and juice.
- A self–guided tour of the USS Stewart. The overnight supervisor will be available to answer any questions.
- At 8:30 am there will be a closing ceremony where the scouts will receive a completion certificate.
- All gear must be off either vessel by 9am. The AUWC opens to the public at 9am.
- 9:00 am— Departure Time.
Items to Bring
- Sleepwear and a change of clothing.
- Sleeping bag, pillow, and blankets
- Toiletries– toothbrush, toothpaste, hair brush, etc. We do not have shower facilities.
- Closed toe shoes. Tennis Shoes are recommended, Heels and flip– flops are not recommended Electronic devices are allowed, but must not be used during the education program.
- DVDs. Participants can watch movies during the free time part of the program.
Seawolf Park 700 Pelican Island Causeway Galveston, TX 77550